Sunday, July 26, 2009

Flying High

I've been playing some more with my new Unity August Store Kit of the Month. I loved the cute scene that's played out in this oval-shaped image and it was a perfect fit for this week's weekend sketch challenge.

I colored the image with Copic markers. The grass was dotted with a textured rag and some blending solution for a textured look. I added the sky with a sponge and some Cool Caribbean ink. The image is matted on a pair of ovals, one cut with a Nestabilities die and one with a Marvy punch. Neither oval was a great match for the image shape-wise, but they looked okay when it was all layered together.

I paired two different patterns from the DCWV Citrus Mat Pack on the cardfront. I added a soft turquoise ribbon around the sparkly flower paper. I assembled the pieces and had just enough room for the "flying high" sentiment. The blue rhinestones were a last minute add-on, just as I was going to photograph the card, in fact.

Materials Used:
August Store Kit of the Month (Unity Stamp Co.); white Pure Luxury cardstock (Gina K Designs); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Tempting Turquoise and Cool Caribbean Classic inks, Certainly Celery, Tempting Turquoise, and Barely Banana cardstock, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); New Leaf cardstock (Papertrey Ink); patterned paper (DCWV's Citrus Mat Stack); oval die (Nestabilities); scalloped oval punch (Marvy Uchida); turquoise satin ribbon (Target); blue self-adhesive rhinestones (Studio 18)

2 comments:

 
Blogging tips