Monday, July 27, 2009

Kitchen Sink Monday: Going Vintage

Here’s my card for this week’s Kitchen Sink Stamps Monday. I really challenged myself on this one, since I’m not a strong vintage style stamper. I used images from the new 3 Step Letters from the Past set and from the School Days set to create my version of a vintage card.

I started with the large script background image. It was inked with Close to Cocoa ink, then stamped off for a softer look before stamping on a piece of cream cardstock. I added the pen image over the text, using a combination of brown inks with some gold at the pen’s tip.

I brushed over the image with some distress ink for an aged look, then layered it on a brown panel with roughed-up edges.

I used the Diamond Rough embossing folder to emboss a diamond pattern on the moss card base, then inked over the raised areas with a shimmery white ink pad. I added a strip of coordinating striped paper, stamped with the sentiment and embellished with a trio of copper brads.

For more Kitchen Sink inspiration, you can visit the rest of the Kitchen Sink Crew. Here’s where you can find them:
Angela Knopf
Connie McCotter
Dee Jackson
Julie Masse
Lisa Somerville
Lynn McAuley
Makiko Jones
Maria Colosimo, owner

And, don’t forget that you can use the code LORI10KSS for a 10% discount on your KSS purchases!

Materials Used:
3 Step Letters from the Past and School Days stamp sets, Brilliance Moonlight White ink (Kitchen Sink Stamps); Close to Cocoa, Creamy Caramel, Crushed Curry, and Always Artichoke Classic inks, Mellow Moss, Soft Suede, and Very Vanilla cardstock, distressing tool (Stampin’ Up!); designer paper (My Mind’s Eye-Wild Asparagus line); distress ink (Papertrey Ink); copper brads (Making Memories); Diamond Rough embossing folder (Cuttlebug)

7 comments:

  1. Great job Lori!! Love the look! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks to me like you do vintage to perfection, Lori!! What a sensational card!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not much of a vintage stamper either, but I think you totally rocked this one! I love the offset main panel and your diamond background. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, Lori!! I just LOVE the vintage feel to this card!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beatuiful, Lori! Love the distressed look!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lori you did a wonderful job capturing the "Vintage" look with this card. Really nice.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips