Monday, July 27, 2009

Verve Trio

Here are my final three cards for this month's Viva la Verve sketch challenges. I managed to get them all in before the deadline!

Here’s my card for the challenge from two weeks ago. The twist for this one was scored lines. My Scor-Pal makes that so easy to do!

I kept my card pretty clean and simple, even though there are a lot of layers here. I used two of the flowers from Verve’s Wishful Elegance stamp set to stamp a random pattern in Riding Hood Red ink on a Pink Pirouette panel. The sentiment is stamped using this same combination. I added a row of paper piercing underneath the sentiment as a simple embellishment.

I scored a kraft cardstock panel to cover most of the Riding Hood Red card base, then assembled all of the layers of the card. After wrapping a piece of soft pink satin ribbon around the card, I decided to attach the sentiment panel with dimensionals

Materials Used:
Wishful Elegance stamp set (Verve Stamps); Riding Hood Red Classic ink, Riding Hood Red, Pink Pirouette, and Kraft cardstock, mat pack and paper piercing tool, dimensionals (Stampin’ Up!); pink satin ribbon (Classic Traditions-Michaels); Scor-Pal


This one’s for last week’s sketch. The twist here was to use vellum. I immediately knew I’d do a vellum layered butterfly, so I turned to Verve’s Beautiful Kindness set with its pretty butterfly images. I used the large butterfly for my focal image, colored it with Copic markers, then added a vellum overlay.

I used papers from the My Mind’s Eye Bloom and Grow line for the circles on the cardfront. The butterfly is colored to coordinate with the papers. I stamped the “thanks” sentiment from the Circular Sayings set and embellished it with a button to add one more circular element to the card. I layered the panel on a celery card base to tie in just a little more green.

Materials Used:
Beautiful Kindness and Circular Sayings stamp sets (Verve Stamps); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Aqua Mist cardstock, Aqua Mist twill, Aqua Mist Button (Papertrey Ink); Cool Caribbean and Baja Breeze Classic inks, Certainly Celery cardstock, vellum, sponge (Stampin’ Up!); designer paper (My Mind’s Eye Bloom and Grow line); circle dies (Nestabilities)


And, here's my final card for this month's challenges. It's definitely my favorite of the three in this post. It came together very quickly once I chose the color scheme.

The focal image is one of the sentiments from Verve's Hundred Hearts set. I stamped the sentiment in Riding Hood Red on a cream panel. I chose a coordinating cream and red patterned paper for the large panel on the cardfront. The circle panel behind the sentiment is embossed with the Cuttlebug Heart Blocks folder to meet the twist requirement of some texture.

I added some elegant matching red ribbon and a trio of Dew Drops as simple embellishments. Everything's layered on a kraft card base--my favorite!

Materials Used:
Hundred Hearts stamp set (Verve); Riding Hood Red Classic ink, Riding Hood Red, Chocolate Chip, Kraft, and Very Vanilla cardstock, Candy Lane designer paper, Riding Hood Red taffeta ribbon, scallop edge punch (Stampin' Up!); circle die (Nestabilities); Heart Blocks embossing folder (Cuttlebug); Dew Drops (Robin's Nest)

2 comments:

 
Blogging tips