Sunday, August 30, 2009

The Apple of My Eye

Here's my card for today's SCS featured stamper challenge. I was inspired by the colors and layout in this card.

I kept the layout pretty similar, but eliminated a few layers. In my version, I replaced the wildflower image in the original version with the whimsical tree image from the DoodleFactory Into the Woods stamp set from Starving Artistamps. The tree is stamped in brown ink and the leaves are colored with Copic markers. I used sponges and ink to add a fall-feeling backdrop for the tree. A single yellow apple is under the tree, attached with a dimensional.

The Summer Sunrise card base is stamped with the gate image from the set, replacing the white border punched fence along the bottom of the original card. I matted the tree on rust cardstock before layering it on the card base, slightly overlapping the fence. A narrow olive ribbon is tied around the card, just at the bottom of the fence. The coordinating sentiment is stamped in rust ink alongside the image panel. I added a brad at the top of the sentiment and a pair of brads on the opposite side of the image panel.

A new DoodleFactory release is coming soon. If you're a DF fan, you'll want to keep an eye on the Starving Artistamps blog for some blog candy . . .

Materials U sed:
DoodleFactory Into the Woods stamp set and Woods Sentiments (Starving Artistamps); white cardstock (Gina K Designs); Rich Cocoa and Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Really Rust, More Mustard, and Old Olive Classic inks, Really Rust cardstock, Old Olive polytwill, sponge, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); copper brads (Making Memories)

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips