Sunday, August 30, 2009

Pumpkin Patch Pair

I got my Stampin' Up! Holiday Mini preorder last week and I'm just starting to play with my new stamps. I used two different blogger sketch challenges along with the new Pumpkin Patch set for these cards.

This one uses Taylor's latest sketch challenge. I based the card's colors on the colors in the patterned paper from Papertrey Ink's Hocus Pocus paper pack that I used for the panel on the bottom of the card. I stamped the polka dotted pumpkin on the white panel and added one of the funny faces. Originally, the pumpkin was flat, but as I was taking a photo of the card, Cosmo the crazy dog came by to investigate. He'd just had a drink of water and he shook his head, getting some water droplets on my stamped image. So, the popped-up pumpkin was a quick fix.

I paired the patterned paper with an embossed Apricot Appeal panel, then layered the papers on a Chocolate Chip mat. Since the pattern is kind of busy, I stamped the sentiment on a piece of Pumpkin Pie cardstock and layered that over the patterned paper.
Materials Used:
Pumpkin Patch stamp set, Pumpkin Pie, Close to Cocoa, and Old Olive Classic inks, Apricot Appeal, Pumpkin Pie, Chocolate Chip, Kraft, and Whisper White cardstock, Pumpkin Pie grosgrain ribbon, corner rounder, silver brad, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); Hocus Pocus patterned paper (Papertrey Ink); circle dies (Nestabilities); Swiss Dot embossing folder (Cuttlebug)

This card is made using Weekend Sketch Challenge 95. I have to admit that I "reworked" this one a little bit after thinking on it after I'd initially finished it. I picked a different pumpkin from the Pumpkin Patch set for my focal image. It's sitting on some grass in a softly sponged-on night time sky.

The colors for the card came from the brightly colored K & Company designer paper panel that covers part of the cardfront. I usually don't find myself using Lovely Lilac and Green Galore much, but they seem to work okay for Halloween cards!
At first, I had a plain purple panel covering most of the cardfront. I went back and swapped it out for the spider web patterned one--much better. I kept the embellishments simple, too. Originally I had a single Prima flower with a Dew Drop center where the punched out moon and star brad are. These are a much better fit for a Halloween themed card. Much happier now!

Materials Used:
Pumpkin Patch stamp set, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Certainly Celery, Bashful Blue, Pale Plum, and Basic Black Classic inks, Lovely Lilac, Pumpkin Pie, Green Galore, Yoyo Yellow and Whisper White cardstock, Basic Black grosgrain ribbon, 1" circle punch, sponge, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); patterned paper (K & Company); circle dies (Nestabilities); Swiss Dot embossing folder (Cuttlebug); star brad (Making Memories)

3 comments:

 
Blogging tips