Friday, October 16, 2009

A Good Apple

***Scroll down to the post below to see the new Chicken Girl Design release and my Blogger Challenge projects.***

I haven’t played along in one of Mary Jo’s sketch challenges in a while and this week’s sketch caught my eye, so I made time to give it a try. I paired the new Multi Step Harvest set from Kitchen Sink Stamps along with the Multi Step School Days set for this fall card.

The apples are stamped in a combination of red and yellow inks, with brown as the final step to add shadows. The multi step stamping makes the apples look so real!

I paired the apple image with a warm yellow striped paper from Memory Box’s Homespun collection. The paper is layered on a So Saffron card base with a strip of Riding Hood Red striped grosgrain ribbon along the top. I like the contrast of the stripes going in different directions here. I used a Riding Hood Red scalloped circle behind the image panel for some more contrast. I paired the apple image with the “you’re one good apple” sentiment from the Multi Step School Days set to finish the card.

Materials Used:
Multi Step Harvest and School Days stamp sets, Memento London Fog and Tuxedo Black inks (Kitchen Sink Stamps); So Saffron, Rose Red, Ruby Red, and Riding Hood Red, and Close to Cocoa Classic inks, So Saffron, Riding Hood Red, and Whisper White cardstock, Riding Hood Red striped grosgrain ribbon, mat pack and paper piercing tool, dimensionals (Stampin’ Up!); designer paper (Memory Box-Homespun Collection); scalloped circle die (Nestabilities)

2 comments:

  1. This is so pretty, Lori!
    I love the rich apple colors. The sketch looks wonderful to play, too! TFS~

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and Lisa are killing me with this wonderful Kitchen sink stamps. Great card Lori. Thanks for playing along.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips