Monday, October 19, 2009

Kitchen Sink Monday-Lots of Leaves

***Scroll down to the post below for info on the birthday celebration at i {heart} papers.***

It's time for another Kitchen Sink Stamps Monday! My Multi Step Big Leaves set arrived over the weekend, so I had to ink it up create something to share with you today.

I kept my card pretty simple to keep the focus on the beautiful leaf images. Here, I went for red toned leaves, randomly stamped on a cream panel. My color recipe and stamping order here was Step 3-Riding Hood Red ink, Step 3-Close to Cocoa ink, stamped off once, Step 2-Ruby Red ink, Step 1-So Saffron ink. The leaves are stamped on a cream panel. When I was finished stamping, even though I'd used cream and not white, I still thought the contrast between the leaves and the panel was too much, so I went back and sponged on some Creamy Caramel ink to soften the look.

I used the "thankful" sentiment from the Vintage Words set along the bottom of the panel. The word is stamped twice, once in Close to Cocoa ink and once in Papertrey Ink's Vintage Cream ink for a faux embossed look. I found this wooden button on my table, left over from another project, so I added it here as a simple embellishment.

Be sure to visit the rest of the Kitchen Sink Crew to see what they've cooked up for you to start the week. Here's where you can find them:


And, you still have a few more days to enter this month's Kitchen Sink Crew Challenge. Check out the KSS blog here for full details.

Materials Used:
Multi Step Big Leaves and Vintage Words stamp sets (Kitchen Sink Stamps); So Saffron, Ruby Red, Riding Hood Red, Close to Cocoa, and Creamy Caramel Classic inks, Ruby Red, Creamy Caramel, and Very Vanilla cardstock, sponge (Stampin' Up!); Vintage Cream ink, wooden button, twine (Papertrey Ink)

8 comments:

  1. What beautiful work with these awesome leaves, Lori!! This autumn card is perfect in every way from your stunning leaves to your faux embossed sentiment to your wonderful wooden button!! Outstanding!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful red tones for your lovely leaves! The wooden button is a great embellishment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card, Lori!
    The colors of leaves are so pretty! I love the button and faux embossed words, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so pretty!, Lori!! Love your leaf background...such beautiful fall colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aren't those leaves just gorgeous? I love the bright red color you chose. Definitely the perfect way to spotlight the giant leaves. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card looks like a cool breath of autumn air!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful!! I love the colors of the falling leaves!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips