Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Simple Sympathy

Here's my card for this week's SCS clean and simple challenge to make a sympathy card. I pulled out my Multi Step Hearts & Roses set from Kitchen Sink Stamps for this simple, one layer beauty.

The set's beautiful rose image is so detailed that it pretty much can stand alone. Here, the rose is stamped in shades of yellow along the bottom edge of a sturdy cream card base. Once I'd stamped the flower, I added a green stem and the set's "with sympathy" sentiment. The only other embellishment is a soft yellow satin ribbon, knotted around the top of the card. Soft and soothing, all at the same time.

Materials Used:
Multi Step Hearts & Roses stamp set (Kitchen Sink Stamps); More Mustard, So Saffron, Barely Banana, and Certainly Celery Classic inks (Papertrey Ink); Lemon Tart ink, Vintage Cream cardstock, Lemon Tart satin ribbon

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful CAS card! Love the colors you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lori, this is super gorgeous CAS card!! Yellow roses are my favorite color of roses and you placed it so beautifully!! (sorry I had to delete the post above for my stupid mistake)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips