Sunday, October 4, 2009

Simple Squares

I have two simple cards featuring some of the smaller images from the DoodleFactory Into the Woods set from Starving Artistamps. I went with smaller square cards to showcase the pretty flower images.

This card is based on Weekend Sketch Challenge 100. I used the set's daffodil image on the small circle panel. I stamped the image 3 times--once on the white panel and two additional times on scraps of cardstock. I colored just the flower portion of the image and cut out the flower from one colored image and just the flower's center from the other. I layered these on the image panel for a dimensional effect. The flower's center has a teeny, tiny rhinestone, too.

I stamped the pretty background stamp on the Barely Banana panel in matching ink for a soft look. The "you brighten my day" sentiment from the Classic Decor sentiments set is stamped along the bottom of the panel in blue ink. I added a celery satin ribbon around the panel before attaching the image panel with some dimensionals and assembling the card.

Materials Used:
DoodleFactory Into the Woods and Classic Décor sentiments sets, pretty background (Starving Artistamps); white cardstock (Gina K Designs); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic);Bashful Blue and Barely Banana Classic inks, Barely Banana, Certainly Celery, and Bashful Blue cardstock(Stampin’ Up!); circle dies (Nestabilities); satin ribbon (Michaels); rhinestone (Taylored Expressions); foam tape

This card uses a sketch from the SCS clean and simple challenge a few weeks back. I've used it a few times since then, but this is the first time I've modified it for a smaller card.

I stamped the tulip image on one end of the image panel and colored the image with Copic markers. Like I did with the daffodil on the first card, I stamped the tulip image again and colored and cut out the flower portion, then layered it on to the panel with foam tape. I stamped the "thanks" sentiment in deeper rose ink on the right side of the panel and added a coordinating piece of knotted rose ribbon above it.

I stamped the polka dot background stamp in pink ink on a lighter pink strip that runs across the pink card base. I added the image panel over the dotted one using dimensionals to complete the card.

Materials Used:
DoodleFactory Into the Woods and Classic Décor sentiments sets, polka dot background (Starving Artistamps); white cardstock (Gina K Designs); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Pretty in Pink and Regal Rose Classic ink, Regal Rose, Pretty in Pink, and Pink Pirouette cardstock, Regal Rose grosgrain ribbon (Stampin’ Up!); foam tape

1 comment:

  1. Your cards are really pretty - love the daffodil one!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips