Sunday, October 4, 2009

Hauntingly Sweet

Here's a quick card I made for today's SCS featured stamper challenge. The gradient image panels in this card caught my eye, so I used elements from this card to make my own seasonal version.

Instead of using 3 different images, I decided to use a single image stamped across the three different colored panels in black ink. The panels are pieces of Summer Sunrise, Pumpkin Pie, and Dusty Durango that I dug out of my scrap pile--love when I can use up some scraps! I picked the tree image from Unity's Hauntingly Sweet kit for a Halloween theme. The candy corn pieces are highlighted with just a bit of glitter from my orange Spica pen.

I added a bright orange silk ribbon around the card. That left just enough room for the sentiment at the bottom of the card. The vanilla panel is layered on a black panel, then on a Dusty Durango card base.

Materials Used:

other: Pumpkin Pie, Dusty Durango, Basic Black, and Very Vanilla cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Summer Sunrise cardstock (Papertrey Ink)

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips