Monday, December 28, 2009

Movie Inspired

Today's SCS clean and simple stamping challenge was to find inspiration from the Disney Store site. My card is inspired by the merchandise related to the new movie The Princess and the Frog.

I used the frog image from the DoodleFactory Fairy Tale stamp set from Starving Artistamps for my focal image. The frog is colored with Copic markers and cut out. I also cut out the crown and attached it behind the frog image. The crown is made super sparkly with some Shimmerz paints and a trio of rhinestones.

I cut a heart from some textured cardstock, then ran it through my Big Shot with the Swiss Dot embossing folder for an interesting texture. A button embellished bow was added to the heart--I'm still working my way through my ribbon scraps (a crafting resolution from last January that I think will need to continue in 2010 . . . ). The fun sentiment fit along the bottom of the pink card base.

Don't forget about the Starving Artistamps discount code I shared with you in the post below if you want to add some of these stamps to your own collection . . .

Materials Used:
DoodleFactory Fairy Tale and Fairy Tale Sentiments stamp sets (Starving Artistamps); white cardstock, Tiny Twinkles (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Rose Red Classic ink, Pretty in Pink taffeta ribbon (Stampin' Up!); Sweet Blush cardstock, Sweet Blush button, twine (Papertrey Ink); textured paper (DCWV); heart die (Nestabilities); Swiss Dot embossing folder (Cuttlebug); Butter Cream paint (Shimmerz); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips