Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Superstar

I made this masculine card for this week's Mojo Monday sketch. Once I decided to go with a star theme, the card came together really quickly.

The colors for the card came from the 3 Bugs in a Rug designer paper I used to cover most of the card base. I've had this paper in my stash for a while, but with its bold colors, it's been hard to find a project to use it for. The paper is paired with a combination of sentiments from Verve's Starstruck stamp set for the large circle panel. The words are stamped in gray ink to match the pinked edge mat around the blue panel.

Since the patterned paper I used was pretty bold (and the back of it was a solid black), I embossed a green panel with the Cuttlebug Stars embossing folder for the smaller rectangle panel on the cardfront. A piece of knotted black grosgrain ribbon stretches across the embossed panel and on to the patterned paper.

The final element I added was a pair of American Crafts chipboard stars at the top of the sentiment panel. I layered the white star on top of the blue one for a little more contrast.

My plans for today include renting a carpet cleaning machine to try to repair some of the damage that Cosmo the crazy dog did to the rug in my basement as he went in and out of the house. He may not be around any more, but reminders of him are everywhere I look. . . And, on a happier note, I have the University of Wisconsin bowl game to look forward to tonight--go Badgers!

Materials Used:
Starstruck stamp set (Verve Stamps); Smokey Shadow ink, black grosgrain ribbon (Papertrey Ink); Brocade Blue, Bashful Blue, Wild Wasabi, and Basic Gray cardstock (Stampin' Up!); designer paper (3 Bugs in a Rug); circle and pinking circle dies (Nestabilities); Stars embossing folder (Cuttlebug); chipboard stars (American Crafts)

5 comments:

  1. Cute! I have that CB folder, but haven't really thought about the best way to use it. I really like how you did! Because it's not overwhelming, but just adds to the overall theme. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Lori ! You did a wonderful job !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey
    Love the name of your blog Inking A L O U D!!!
    and the card.. wow wow... well done!
    STARS!!
    That's what u are!!!
    Love it all!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips