Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Dare to Be Different

I’ve had several different ideas for variations on this card floating around in my mind since I first saw the pair of penguin images in the DoodleFactory Arctic set from Starving Artistamps. Here’s what I finally settled on to showcase the images.

I stamped one of the penguin images repeatedly on a pale gray circle in gray ink. I used a Stamp-a-ma-jig to position the images, leaving a space in the center for the other penguin image. I stamped the penguin with outstretched wings on a cardstock scrap, colored it with Copic markers, and cut it out, then added it to the stamped circle with foam tape so it stood out from the rest.

I stamped the “dare to be different” sentiment from the U-Niquely U set in Not Quite Navy ink on Soft Sky cardstock to match the card base. The sentiment panel is edged with a gray strip and accented with some soft gray taffeta ribbon.

Materials Used:
DoodleFactory Arctic stamp set and U-niquely U set (Starving Artistamps); white cardstock (Gina K Designs); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Smokey Shadow ink, Soft Stone cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Not Quite Navy Classic ink, Not Quite Navy, Soft Sky, and Basic Gray cardstock, Basic Gray taffeta ribbon (Stampin’ Up!); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips