Thursday, January 28, 2010

Simple Shimmery Snowflakes

This simple card was inspired by a holiday gift tag I noticed while leafing through a Crate and Barrel catalog. I love that place! The tag was white on white with a bit of silver thrown in.

I used a shimmery white card base and some different size punched out snowflakes for my version. All of the snowflakes are attached directly to the card base with the exception of the largest flake, giving them the slightest raised appearance. The largest one is attached with foam tape and embellished with a rhinestone at the center.

I used just a simple sentiment to keep the attention on the snowflakes. I stamped the “let it snow” sentiment from Papertrey Ink’s Winter Swirls in silver ink at the bottom left corner of the card to finish it. This one would be easy to reproduce in large quantities—must keep that in mind for next year’s holiday cards . . .

Materials Used:
Winter Swirls stamp set, white shimmer cardstock (Papertrey Ink); silver paper (Target); silver ink (Encore); small, medium snowflake punches (Martha Stewart); large snowflake punch (Marvy Uchida); self adhesive rhinestone (Darice); foam tape

1 comment:

  1. Oh I love the white on white!

    I'm so happy to have met you at CHA! You are so sweet! Hope you enjoyed your time there, I know I did but wished I'd stayed longer...lol!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips