Thursday, January 21, 2010

I Dig You

I made this sweet card for this week’s Technostamper sketch challenge. I’ve had the Papertrey Ink Tiny Treats Valentines set for a while now and hadn’t used it yet. The small images were a perfect match for this sketch.

I stamped the beach bucket image on white cardstock and colored it with Copic markers. It’s hard to see in the photo, but I added just a little sparkle to the image’s tiny heart using some Ruby Slippers Glitz Stickles. The image is cut out with a Nestabilities Labels Two die to add some interest.

I paired the image with some summery striped paper I had in my stash. This took me a little bit away from traditional Valentine’s Day colors, but I think that still works with this image. I stitched the striped paper to the light blue mat before adding it to the cardfront. An orange polka dot embossed panel runs down the front of the card, accented with a button-embellished bow that coordinates with the colors in the patterned paper. This layout would be great for making a quick set of cards with the different image and sentiment pairs in this set. Maybe after I get back from California . . .

Materials Used:
Tiny Treats Valentines stamp set, Orange Zest button, twine (Papertrey Ink); white cardstock (Gina K Designs); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); Brocade Blue, Pumpkin Pie, Bashful Blue, and Barely Banana cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); designer paper (Reminisce-Orlando line); Labels Two dies (Nestabilities); light blue grosgrain ribbon (Morex); Polka Dot embossing folder (QuicKutz); Ruby Slippers Glitz Stickles (Ranger); sewing machine

2 comments:

  1. This is so sweet. I love the stitching and the button on the ribbon. Adorable. Thanks so much for playing along.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips