Thursday, January 21, 2010

Happy Birthday Bunny

Here’s my card for this week’s challenge at Crazy 4 Challenges. I used the Lucky Bunnies set from The Greeting Farm for the sketch challenge. I haven’t used any of my TGF sets in a while—I’d forgotten how fun they are to color!

The bunny is colored with Copic markers. I added a little white flock to make the bunny’s belly soft and fuzzy. The sky was added in after I colored the bunny, using a plastic cloud template and an inked up sponge. I’m really happy with how the cloudy sky turned out. The balloon was stamped a second time, colored, and cut out, then added to the panel with foam tape.

I used some October Afternoon designer paper with a floral pattern to cover most of the cardfront. The card base is Crushed Curry to match the yellow in the paper’s flowers. I stretched a piece of pink twill tape across the card, covering the bottom of the image panel, and added the “happy birthday” sentiment from the Happy Chef set over it with foam tape. So sweet!

Materials Used:
Lucky Bunnies and Happy Chef stamp sets (The Greeting Farm); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Soft Sky ink, Crushed Curry and Close to Cocoa cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Sweet Blush cardstock (Papertrey Ink); designer paper (October Afternoon-Farm Fresh line); petite oval dies (Nestabilities); pink twill tape (Martha Stewart); white flock (Stampendous); foam tape

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips