Saturday, February 13, 2010

You Melt My Heart

Happy Saturday! I'm looking forward to watching some of the Winter Olympic games over the weekend and doing some stamping, too. It's also time for a new sketch challenge at Paper Craft Planet. This week's sketch was designed by my friend Lynn.

Since it's been so Arctic-like here, I knew I'd need to pull out my DoodleFactory Arctic set from Starving Artistamps for some cards this week. I made this sweet, perfect for Valentine's Day card with Eva, the female Eskimo image from the set. I colored Eva with Copic markers, then added some Polar White Flower Soft to her jacket and hood for a fluffy look.

I set Eva against a heart patterned designer paper. The set's "you melt my heart" sentiment is stamped on a pink panel. I omitted the word "heart" and replaced it with a white felt heart and pink heart brad for a fun detail. The panel is layered on a mat with a decorative heart edge. It extends just beyond the edge of the card.

If you play along with this week's sketch, be sure to use the keyword sk021310 when you upload your card to the PCP gallery so that your card can be added to the album with the rest of the creations using this week's sketch. And, don't forget that you can use the code savetenLT to save 10% on your Starving Artistamps and DoodleFactory stamp purchases at Starving Artistamps.

Materials Used:
DoodleFactory Arctic stamp set, Polar White Flower Soft (Starving Artistamps); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Pink Pirouette and Regal Rose cardstock (Stampin' Up!); designer paper (K & Company); arrow border punch (Fiskars); felt heart (American Crafts); pink heart brad (Joann); foam tape

3 comments:

  1. This is adorable Lori! I am loving the pink!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know this is not your card for the BC this week but it's the one I like the best!
    It's just adorable. You have been very busy this week. Great to see so many nice cards!
    Maybe you don't have a special someone in your life--but we all LOVE you here at the BC!
    nola

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips