Monday, March 8, 2010

Clean and Simple Cutie Patootie

Here's a quick card for today's SCS clean and simple challenge to use two shapes on your card. I went with the Top Note die and a circle (okay, two circles) for my design.

I made the adorable crawling Baby Izzy from the DoodleFactory Oh Baby set from Starving Artistamps the focal image on my card. Izzy is colored with Copic markers. I went with a girlie pink for Izzy's onesie.

I used some Memory Box paisley patterned paper for the Top Note piece. One side of the die cut was trimmed off to leave a little more open space on the card than using the full die would allow. I attached the colored image panel overlapping the die and added a yellow button-embellished bow to the top of the image. The "cutie patootie" sentiment is stamped just below the image in pink ink to stand out against the pale yellow card base.

Materials Used:
DoodleFactory Oh Baby and Sentiments Baby stamp sets (Starving Artistamps); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Regal Rose Classic ink, Regal Rose and Barely Banana cardstock, Top Note die (Stampin' Up!); designer paper (Memory Box Layette line); circle dies (Nestabilities); Lemon Tart ribbon, Sweet Blush button, twine (Papertrey Ink); silver gel pen (Sakura)

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips