Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I'm Not Lion

Here's my cute card for this week's Our Craft Lounge sketch challenge. I turned to the Jungle Love set again for this one, this time going with the lion for the focal image. The animals in this set are just too cute!

I stamped the lion in black ink on a circle panel and colored it with Copic markers. It's hard to see in the photo, but I used my airbrush to add a soft blue sky to the top section of the panel.

The image is paired with a panel of dotted paper from Basic Grey's Sugar Rush line. The warm orange and yellow looked great with the lion! I stitched along the top of the paper and wrapped some green twill ribbon around the bottom of the panel before layering on the colored image panel with foam tape. The coordinating sentiment is stamped in the lower right corner of the card.

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Our Craft Lounge Jungle Love stamp set, Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Copic markers (Y11, Y15, Y17, E33, R81, YG03, YG05, YG21, YG0000, B0000), Nestabilities circle dies, Basic Grey Sugar Rush designer paper, Alexx Kesh green herringbone twill ribbon

other: So Saffron, Kiwi Kiss, and Chocolate Chip cardstock (Stampin' Up!); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); foam tape; sewing machine

7 comments:

  1. very cute card, if you are interested I'm participating in a new Basic Grey challenge, would love for you to join us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh! So cute! Nice coloring and you stitched too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO sweet! I love it! GRRRRReat coloring! SNORT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute, great colors, it's purrrrrfect! Ü

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh! That lion is sooo adorable!
    And I love your coloring!
    Thanks for sharing! :)

    ~ Ayana
    www.ayanaposadas.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips