Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Some Sunshine and Cheer

***See this post for the Paper Craft Planet Spellbinders Blog Hop.***

It's been another busy day here with Chloe the cutie puppy. I was out late last night at the Bon Jovi concert in DC and Chloe had a play date with my next door neighbor while I was gone. My neighbor helped Chloe to master a new and exciting skill--how to climb up the stairs. She's not so great with going back down again, but I'm sure that will come along soon. She was excited when I came home and we stayed up even later to play a bit. This morning I gave Chloe a bath. She wasn't thrilled, but she put up with it--and even let me dry her with a hair dryer on a cool, low setting. Tonight, she played with my dad a little bit and now she's resting. Tomorrow, I think she may stop in at my work for just a little bit (shhh!).

Even though most of my focus for the last few days has been on Chloe, I've made a little time for stamping, too. I made this sweet get well card based on this week's Our Craft Lounge sketch challenge. The original sketch had a few more layers, but I'm a more clean and simple kind of stamper, so I eliminated a few of them while pretty much keeping to the basic sketch. The focal image is from the Sunshine Cheer stamp set. The sun is stamped in black ink on white cardstock and colored with Copic markers. I cut it out and spritzed it with some Frost Shimmer Spray. I attached the sun to a blue panel with clouds stamped on it. The clouds are filled in with Sugar Sparkly Fluff for a fun look.

I used two different patterns from the Cosmo Cricket Garden Variety paper pack for panels on the cardfront. One panel is embellished with faux stitching done with a white pen. A strip of light blue glimmer ribbon runs down one of the panels. I added a button embellished bow to the end. The set's "feel better soon" sentiment is stamped on a red strip with a decorative edge and accented with a silver brad.

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Our Craft Lounge Sunshine Cheer stamp set and Sugar Sparkly Fluff, white medium weight Copic cardstock, Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black ink and Frost Pssst! Shimmer Spray, Copic markers (Y11, Y15, Y11, R20), Cosmo Cricket Garden Variety designer paper and button, Creative Impressions light blue glimmer ribbon, Ranger Inkssentials white pen

other: So Saffron, Baja Breeze, and Riding Hood Red cardstock (Stampin' Up!); scallop eyelet border punch (Martha Stewart); silver brad (Making Memories); foam tape

3 comments:

  1. Bon Jovi and a new puppy in one week?!! Totally jealous! We need more pictures! Cute card too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a FUN card! I love this set! I love this card! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips