Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Viva la Verve Style

Here's my card for the last of this month's Viva la Verve challenges. This month's inspiration room was the kitchen and for this week's challenge, we could pick our own inspiration piece. I settled on this "Vibrant Polka Dot" placemat set from Pier 1. I used the bright colors and some of the pattern as elements on my card.

I used the fun shoe image from Verve's Express Yourself as the focal image. The shoe is stamped in black ink on a Melon Mambo scrap, then cut out and attached to the cream panel using foam tape. I stamped the "you've got style" sentiment next to the image--the words are shaped to nest perfectly against the shoe!

I kept the rest of the card pretty simple. I covered a Melon Mambo card base with a piece of grid patterned paper from SU!'s Razzleberry Lemonade designer paper pack. I criss-crossed two pieces of orange grosgrain ribbon across the card, then attached the stamped image panel overlapping the edges of the ribbon. I added an orange button-embellished bow to the top right corner of the image panel to finish the card.

Materials Used:
Express Yourself stamp set (Verve Stamps); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); Melon Mambo and Very Vanilla cardstock, Razzleberry Lemonade designer series paper (Stampin' Up!); orange ribbon (Michaels); Raspberry Fizz button, twine (Papertrey Ink); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips