Friday, April 16, 2010

Blogger Challenge: Week 147

This week's blogger challenge was a sketch. The large panel on the cardfront was the perfect size for one of the Pure Innocence cuties from My Favorite Things.

I used the image from the My Umbrella set on the panel. The image is partly colored with Copic markers and partly paper pieced using striped paper that matches the striped paper strips on the cardfront. It's kind of busy, but I think it's still cute, too.

I arranged the four striped panels on a rose panel, then machine stitched around the edges to add some interest. The image panel is layered on a green mat, then added to the cardfront. I stamped the set's "It'll be okay" sentiment on the panel and added a pink button-embellished bow beneath it. The panel is attached to a matching green card base.

For more ideas using this sketch, you can visit the rest of the challenge players. Links to their blogs are in the sidebar on the right.

Materials Used: My Umbrella stamp set (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Regal Rose and Kiwi Kiss cardstock, Regal Rose grosgrain ribbon (Stampin' Up!) designer paper (DCWV-Flower Shower matstack); Spring Moss button, twine (Papertrey Ink); sewing machine

23 comments:

  1. Oh...very, very sweet card! I love that image and your awesome coloring! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...what a sweet card. The main image is so cute! Love the bright colors. This card is sure to brighten someone's day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great use of this weeks sketch! Cute imgae, love the paper piecing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darling image and the paper pieceing is fabulous! This one will make anyone smile!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute. I actually had to look twice if that is the sketch with the pink background layer it almost looks as if it's one solid piece :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darling image. Love the paper piecing to match the background.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally sweet and adorable. I love the stripped paper and the paper pieced umbrella.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OHHHH, so cute!!! The image and that paper make a perfect pair.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Totally rockz GF! Luv the colors and the image!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonder card! Love the paper piecing you did on the image. It pulls together the card nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely love this Lori! Wonderful image and mix of colors! That button and ribbon combination is fantastic! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love everything about this card!! That sweet little girl reminds me of my wee-est one :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love how the paper piecing makes the background smoothly flow through the focal image!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So cute! Love the umbrella--not too busy at all!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very cute!! I love the way you used the designer paper from the background for the umbrella too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well she is just so cute with the matching umbrella...the pinks and PP are simply perfect with that stamp.
    connie paxman

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so delicate! I love the girl with all the stripes.. reminds me of my little one! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so sweet. Love how you brought the paper forward on the umbrella!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your little gal is SO CUTE! TFplaying, Nola

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is so sweet!! What an adorable little girl and I love all the stripes going on!!

    http://mycraftyworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. What an adorable card....love the paper piecing. Cute image....just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ohhh beautiful papers and such a sweet image! Sorry I am so late - catching up on my past due comments!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips