Thursday, April 15, 2010

Two Tiny Creatures II

I’m just getting around to trying out this week’s Paper Craft Planet sketch challenge. This week’s sketch was designed by Kim. It’s great for some of those smaller images in your stamp collection. I have all of the tiny versions of the creatures from the DoodleFactory Creatures II set from Starving Artistamps, so I thought I’d try one of them out on this card.

I made a get well card featuring Cappie. To me, he kinda looks like he has an upset tummy or something like that! I colored him green and layered him on a blue mat. I used some grid patterned paper, layered on coordinating blue and green panels, for the large panel on the cardfront. I machine stitched around the edges of the grid paper for added interest, then layered on the stamped image. The image is accented with a pair of blue brads that are a pretty close match to the panel underneath it. I tied a coordinating green twill ribbon around the panel, then stamped the “feel better soon” sentiment from the Boudoir Sentiments set along the bottom of the panel. The pieces are layered on a kraft card base to complete the card.

If you have a chance to play along, upload your card to the PCP gallery with the keyword sk041010 so that it can be added to the album with the rest of this week’s creations.

Materials Used:
DoodleFactory Creatures II and Boudoir Sentiments sets (Starving Artistamps); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Pacific Point, Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss, and Kraft cardstock, Old Olive twill ribbon (Stampin’ Up!); designer paper (Colorbok-Forest Friends); blue brads (Making Memories); sewing machine

While I had the Creatures out, I made another card, this one for this week’s Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge. It features a trio of creatures and one of the set’s coordinating sentiments.

I used a Stamp-a-ma-jig to position Clowd, Flob, and Spinkle pretty evenly across the labels die cut. They’re colored in bright shades using Copic markers. I stamped the set’s “normal is boring” sentiment underneath the trio, then attached it to a coordinating mat using foam tape.

The patterned paper panel on the cardfront is from the Bloom & Grow line from My Mind’s Eye. I ran a coordinating green cardstock strip across it, embellished with a piece of grosgrain ribbon. The edges of the strip are stitched to add interest. The stamped panel is set in the middle of the card with a button on either side of the panel as an accent.

Materials Used:
DoodleFactory Creatures II set (Starving Artistamps); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Aqua Mist and Spring Moss cardstock, Aqua Mist grosgrain ribbon, Spring Moss buttons, twine (Papertrey Ink); designer paper (My Mind’s Eye-Bloom & Grow line); Labels 2 die (Nestabilities); foam tape; sewing machine

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips