Thursday, April 29, 2010

Weirdos

As soon as I saw Taylor’s latest sketch challenge, I knew what I wanted to do with it. It came out just like I imagined it, too!

I thought that all of the little squares arranged in a 3x3 grid would be a perfect fit for the mini sized creatures in the DoodleFactory Creatures II set from Starving Artistamps. I stamped each creature in black ink and colored them with Copic markers in a variety of colors for fun. After punching out each one with a 1 3/8" square punch, I arranged them in the grid pattern on the cardfront. Since I had a lot of different colors going on, I picked a pretty simple black paper with white polka dots for the cardfront. The images really stand out nicely against the black.

The set’s sentiment is stamped on a circle panel and embellished with a small bow. It’s layered over a few of the creatures, but I think you still get the idea!

Materials Used:
DoodleFactory Creatures II stamp set (Starving Artistamps); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); 1 3/8" square punch, 1 1/2" and 1 3/4" circle punches (EK Success); black grosgrain ribbon (Stampin' Up!); designer paper (Making Memories); foam tape

4 comments:

  1. ACK! What a great group of ADORABLE images. FABULOUS job on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love all those images and the different colors but the sentiment gets me!!!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are CUTE images in beauty colours! Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable card and that sentiment totally made me crack up! Thanks for playing the TE sketch challenge!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips