Friday, April 30, 2010

Blogger Challenge: Week 149/Friends with Flair

This week’s blogger challenge is a technique challenge—using embossing on your project. I combined the challenge with one of Unity’s anniversary challenges to use a tree image on your project and came up with this simple card.

I started by coloring the Plant a Tree image using Copic markers. I sponged in a sky background behind the image. I wanted to use my airbrush, but Chloe the cutie puppy had just fallen asleep and I didn’t want the sound of the compressor to wake her. She’s fascinated with it, for some reason I can’t figure out.

Anyway, I set the tree on an olive mat and added a coordinating green twill bow, made with my Bow Easy, to the empty space in the upper right corner of the image panel. The twill’s texture was a nice match for the tree image I used. I layered the image panel on a brown panel, stamped with the Distressed Dots background stamp and embellished with a faux-stitched edge created with a white pen.

For the embossing, I used a woodgrain texture plate on the kraft card base. It’s hard to see in the photo, but it looks so pretty IRL!

For more projects featuring embossing, you can check out what the rest of the challenge players have created. Links to their blogs are in the sidebar on the right. And, check out the Unity blog for the list of all of this week's Friends with Flair players for more Unity inspiration.

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Unity Stamp Co. Plant a Tree image and Distressed Dots background, medium weight Copic blending cardstock, Copic markers (YG05, YG07, YG09, YG21, E33, E35, E37, E39, R81, R85, Y23, C-5), Alexx Kesh green herringbone twill, Bow Easy, Ranger Inkssentials white gel pen

other: Bashful Blue and Close to Cocoa Classic ink, Old Olive and Kraft cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); woodgrain impressions plate (Papertrey Ink)

39 comments:

  1. I love the bright colors and I love the font in the print. This is totally cute! Love the sentiment as well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet card! Love the tree and flower image! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card looks like spring! Cute card1

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute, the woodgrain embossing adds just the right texture under the wonderfully colored images.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am seeing unity stamps everywhere recently! Darling card! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just adorable! I love the stamps you chose and the awesome coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice card. I love the Woodgrain Texture background, it goes perfect with your tree image.
    How funny about Chloe and the Air Compressor...one of our cats loves the ice machine on the frig and another has a thing for the paper shredding machine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiul card Lori! I love that stamp! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks great! I need to dive into better color techniques for my cards. You do a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card. The woodgrain texture enhances the tree image.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this sentiment...and the green twill ribbon is perfect for your tree and flower card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your artwork is gorgeous, Lori, beautifully created.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an adorable card--the woodgrain background is too cool!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i love this stamp! great card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this.. the colors are so vibrant!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fun and fab card! Perfect for the challenge and for earth day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So cute...what a great sentiment! Love the image too...{SMILES}

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great card...love that sentiment! Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great card! I love the image you used and all the wonderful color!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your stamp is awsome and love the bow treatment and twill paper..
    Perfect card.
    connie paxman

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lori--this is GREAT--I love the stamp you used--wish I had it! Also, love how much detail you typed u for it. Great project--lovely bow. Lots of talent here, Nola

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a great card!! I love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fantastic card Lori! What a wonderful image and you've colored it up beautifully! :D

    ReplyDelete
  24. Cute image....great layout. Love this adorable little card...it has a lot going on without seeming to be over the top!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips