Thursday, May 13, 2010

Hey There Baby

Here’s another DoodleFactory Creatures II card. This time, I paired Unger with this week’s Sweet Sunday Sketch challenge to come up with this card. Something about him reminds me of a baby, so I kind of ran with that as the theme for my card.

I colored Unger in shades of blue, then used coordinating shades for the rest of my card. For the sentiment stamped underneath the image, I used sections of two different sentiments from the Sentiments Baby set and just inked up the words I wanted to stamp. My Stamp-a-ma-jig helped me to place them just right.

Layouts like this one with lots of small panels are hard for me to figure out, so I ended up cutting a piece of scrap paper first to figure out the dimensions I wanted for each of the smaller panels based on the size of my image panel. I used a coordinating dotted piece of paper for the small panels, layered on a pale blue panel for contrast. I layered the stamped image on a piece of bolder blue. Before attaching the image to the cardfront, I ran a strip of blue satin ribbon down the right side of the card. The image is layered over the ribbon. A matching bow sits just over the image to complete the card.

If you've got to add some of these fun creatures to your collection, be sure to stop by Starving Artistamps. You can always use the code savetenLT to save 10% on your Starving Artistamps and DoodleFactory stamp purchases at Starving Artistamps.

Materials Used:
DoodleFactory Creatures II and Sentiments Baby stamp sets (Starving Artistamps); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Pacific Point and Bashful Blue cardstock, Ballet Blue marker (Stampin’ Up!); designer paper (DCWV); blue satin ribbon (Michaels)

1 comment:

  1. This one is a cutie!! especially that little guy lol. Great combination of colors.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips