Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Can I Keep You?

Here’s my card for this week’s Taylored Expressions sketch challenge. It features another one of the DoodleFactory Creatures II images from Starving Artistamps.

I went for a sort of monochromatic look here, based on the striped textured designer paper from DCWV that I machine stitched to the cardfront. The image is colored with Copic markers using coordinating melon-ish shades. I colored the creature’s belly with a pale marker, then added white flock over it for some texture. A little of the coloring shows through the flock.

The “Can I keep you?” sentiment from the Boudoir Sentiments set is stamped underneath the creature, separated from it by a strip of satin ribbon. I die cut a piece of cork to make the heart accent for the panel, then added a coordinating button. The image is layered on a strip of rust colored paper with copper brad accents at either end.

Materials Used:
DoodleFactory Creatures II and Boudoir Sentiments stamp sets (Starving Artistamps); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Melon Berry and Terracotta Tile cardstock, Terracotta Tile satin ribbon, Summer Sunrise button, twine (Papertrey Ink); Farmer’s Market designer paper (DCWV); cork (My Favorite Things); copper brads (Making Memories); white flock (Stampendous); sewing machine

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips