Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Cool Stars

Here’s my card for last week’s Viva la Verve sketch/inspiration challenge. This month’s inspiration room is kids’ rooms. I was inspired by the photo of a stars and striped patterned room.

I went a little away from the room’s colors so I could use this fun K & Company star patterned paper. It has sort of a distressed look, so I tried to incorporate some of that in my card’s design. To represent the sketch’s round panel, I stamped the big round flourish from Verve’s Happy Days set in blue ink on a cream panel, then added the “you’re so cool” sentiment in red ink inside the flourish. I inked the edges with brown ink for an aged, distressed look, then layered the image on a red mat to match the card base.

The rest of the card’s very simple. I ran a strip of blue cardstock across the cardfront and added a twill strip to the middle of the panel for some texture. A pair of star brads attached to the twill serves as a simple, coordinating accent.

Materials Used:
Happy Days stamp set (Verve Stamps); Enchanted Evening ink, Enchanted Evening cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Riding Hood Red and Creamy Caramel Classic inks, Riding Hood Red and Very Vanilla cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); On the Road Stars designer paper (K & Company); twill (Martha Stewart); star brads (Making Memories)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips