Saturday, August 28, 2010

Smile

Wendy is hosting this week's Paper Craft Planet sketch challenge and she's added an additional twist to the challenge. Along with the sketch, you need to use a punch. I went with a fun border punch and images from Starving Artistamps for this card.

I started by making a simple scene for my image. I used the make a cloud stamp and some light blue ink to make a sky background. A piece of green cardstock, punched with a grass border punch, is set along the bottom of the panel. I colored Owen, one of the Cutie Kid images from the Doodle Factory People-Take a Seat collection, using Copic markers, cut him out, and attached him to the scene with foam tape. It's hard to see in the photo, but I covered the lenses of Owen's glasses with Glossy Accents for a glass-like look.

Instead of using a piece of ribbon, I continued the grass border strip across the cardfront. I replaced the bow in the sketch with a matching button, threaded with some twill.

If you play along with this week's sketch challenge, be sure to upload your card to the PCP gallery using the keyword sk082810 so it can be added to the album with the rest of the cards based on this sketch. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's creative use of punches with this sketch!

Materials Used:
DoodleFactory People- Take a Seat, Make a Cloud, and I'm Here for You Sentiments stamp sets (Starving Artistamps); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Bashful Blue Classic ink, Pacific Point and Kiwi Kiss cardstock, Old Olive twill (Stampin' Up!); Night Light designer paper (October Afternoon); Simply Chartreuse button, twine (Papertrey Ink); grass border punch (Martha Stewart); Glossy Accents (Ranger); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips