Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge #93-Happy New Baby

This is my last week as Mercy’s guest Muse for her weekly sketch challenges. I’ve really enjoyed playing along with the Muses this month–thanks so much to Mercy for inviting me! Here’s the sketch we’re using for this week’s challenge.


I ended up flipping the sketch to come up with this sweet baby card. All of those panels just screamed “quilt” to me, and when I thought of quilts, I thought of babies. I used a trio of animals from Unity’s July 2010 Kit of the Month. Each animal was inked with a marker to get the different colored images. I stamped the trio on a white panel, then added the “happy new baby” sentiment below in a slightly darker blue ink.

I used two different patterned papers from a DCWV matstack for the panels on my cardfront. It took a little playing with the dimensions of each panel before I came up with an arrangement that I was happy with and that was even, too—LOL! I stitched the panels in place with my sewing machine before adding the image panel with foam tape. I used a slot punch to punch an opening in the image panel and threaded a scrap of twill tape through it. The twill is secured with some baker’s twine and a matching button for a fun embellishment.

Be sure to check out what the rest of the talented Muses have created using this week’s sketch. Here’s where to find them:
Mercy Kerin
Cindy Haffner
Jackie Pedro
Jessica Diedrich
Julie Lacey
Pam Speidel
Pam Varnell

Materials Used:
July 2010 Kit of the Month-Happily Ever After (Unity Stamp Co.); Marina Mist Classic ink, Barely Banana, Bashful Blue, and Certainly Celery markers, Pear Pizzazz, Marina Mist, and Whisper White cardstock, Certainly Celery twill, horizontal slot punch (Stampin’ Up!); Flower Shower matstack (DCWV); Simply Chartreuse button (Papertrey Ink); baker’s twine (Divine Twine); foam tape; sewing machine

5 comments:

  1. This card is adorable! The colors you used are great and those stamps are totally cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SO cute, Lori! Love the pretty baby colors! It was great having you with us for Sept!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super sweet! Love the ribbon, button and twine detail!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautifully done, lori....what a precious baby card! amazing job on this week's sketch challenge, and thanks for being such a fabulous guest! {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips