Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Happy, Scrappy Fall

***Scroll down to the post below for my card for Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge.***

Here’s my card for this week’s Unity Addict’s challenge. The challenge was an inspiration challenge, based on a photo featuring a cluster of pumpkin shaped candles.

I didn’t have too many pumpkin stamps in my Unity collection (with the amount that I have, I’m not sure how that can be—LOL!), so I used just one, this stitched pumpkin image from last September’s Kit of the Month. I colored the image with Copic markers and added a soft yellow glow around the image, a small nod to the candle flames in the inspiration photo.

I used this week’s Hip Hop sketch challenge for my card’s layout. Instead of paper strips, I used a variety of ribbon scraps in different widths and textures. I mixed different shades of earthy greens and oranges and stitched them in place with my sewing machine, matching the stitching on the pumpkin image. The image panel is attached over the ribbon strips. I stamped the “happy fall” sentiment from the September Stampin’ Store Kit directly on the cardfront in a deeper green ink to complete the card.

Materials Used:
from
i {heart} papers: Unity Stamp Co. September Stampin’ Store Kit--Harvest of Memories & Learning {Year by Year}, Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Couture Cardstock white Copic blending cardstock, Copic markers (YR00, YR12, YR15, YG25, E31, E34, E35, Y0000, Y000, Y11, W00, W-1), May Arts orange corduroy ribbon, celery green striped twill, and orange ric rac, Alexx Kesh green herringbone twill, Spellbinders circle dies

other: September Kit of the Month-Go Ahead . . . Wish! (Unity Stamp Co.); Always Artichoke Classic ink, Pear Pizzazz cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); sewing machine

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips