Sunday, October 17, 2010

I Love My Mummy

It was a beautiful day here today, so Chloe the cutie puppy and I took a long walk this morning and later on, spent some time hanging out at the dog park--her favorite place to go. We hit a big milestone today. Chloe actually got herself in the car. Until today, she's refused to jump into the car and I've been hoisting her up. Now that she's 45+ pounds, it's not as easy to do. I've been trying to get her to do it and finally, she hopped in. So happy!

After we got back from the dog park, while Chloe rested I made this card for today's SCS featured stamper challenge. It's based on this card. I loved the dog theme, but I changed it to more seasonal Halloween one using an image from an older DoodleFactory Halloween set from Starving Artistamps.





I stamped the mummy image on a scrap of white cardstock and added a little shading with some warm gray Copic markers, then cut the image out. I stamped the image a second time on a cream panel, then attached the cutout image to the panel, slightly offset from the stamped one to get an in-motion look like the one on the inspiration card. I had some room at the bottom of the panel so I stamped the "I love my mummy" sentiment below the image in orange ink.





The way that the ribbon was threaded through the image panel on the original card caught my eye, so I did the same thing on my card Instead of centering the image panel on the front of my card, I offset it a bit, which allowed a bit more room for the big orange bow. I stamped a heart from the DoodleFactory Sweets N Hearts set, picking one with a big dot pattern to coordinate with the designer paper I used for the cardfront. The heart dangles from the center of the big bow on a baker's twine loop.

Materials Used:
DoodleFactory Halloween (mummy image) and Sweets N Hearts sets, Trick or Treat sentiment set (Starving Artistamps); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Pumpkin Pie Classic ink, Basic Black and Very Vanilla cardstock, horizontal slot punch (Stampin' Up!); designer paper (Making Memories); circle punches (EK Success); Orange Zest grosgrain ribbon (Papertrey Ink); baker's twine (The Twinery); foam tape

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha!! What a fun card this is! Such a cute stamp in combination with that sentiment! Perfect, love it!

    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips