Monday, October 18, 2010

One Layer Pair

This week's SCS clean and simple challenge is a sketch challenge for a one layer card. I really liked the sketch and had a bunch of ideas. I settled on two to share today.

The first one is a fun Halloween card featuring images from the Beware set from Clear and Simple Stamps. I drew a frame on a piece of pale gray cardstock using a marker and a rectangle made from a scrap of cardstock, leaving a space at the bottom for a sentiment. To keep the rectangle in place while I was outlining it, I used some repositionable adhesive.

Once I had the frame drawn, I stamped the large spider web image in the upper left corner of the frame. I used sticky notes to mask outside of the frame, keeping the web image inside. I used the same black marker that I used to draw the frame to draw two little lines extending from the web for spiders to hang from. I attached two small spider buttons at the bottom of the lines. The set's spooky "happy Halloween" sentiment is stamped in orange ink, filling the open space at the bottom of the frame.

Materials Used:
Beware stamp set, Perfect Little Black Dress ink (Clear and Simple Stamps); Pumpkin Pie Classic ink (Stampin' Up!); Soft Stone cardstock (Papertrey Ink); black marker (Memento); clear Stardust pen (Sakura); spider buttons (Blumenthal Lansing)

Here's card number two. I went with a fall theme on this one. I started with a kraft card base and drew in a frame with a dark brown marker. I stamped a pair of leaves from Papertrey Ink's Leaf Prints set inside the frame using rust ink.

I wanted a subtle way to show that the leaves were fluttering down, so I made a wavy line in the kraft paper using a tracing wheel. That was too subtle, so I poked the indentations made from the tracing wheel with my paper piercing tool to define them a little more.

The "give thanks" sentiment from the Fillable Frames #8 set is stamped in brown ink in the frame's open space. I accented the sentiment with a pair of gems on each side. They're colored rust with Copic markers to match the leaves.

Materials Used:
Leaf Prints and Fillable Frames #8 stamp sets, Terracotta Tile ink (Papertrey Ink); Crumb Cake cardstock, Chocolate Chip marker (Stampin' Up!); Rich Cocoa ink (Memento); E08 marker (Copic); clear crystals (Studio 18); tracing wheel

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips