Saturday, October 2, 2010

Monochromatic Mummy

My internet connection is back up and running, so I'm back with a card for you. I've been wanting to try a monochromatic black and white Copic image for a while, so I thought I'd color one up for this week's Paper Craft Planet sketch challenge from Jessica.

I used Morty, one of the new DoodleFactory Ghoulies images from Starving Artistamps, for my card. Morty is colored in shades of cool gray, then cut out. He's attached to a pale gray panel with foam tape for a dimensional look.

I used black and gray elements for the rest of my card. For the panel set behind the image panel, I embossed a black cardstock panel with a spider web pattern, then lightly rubbed the raised portion of the image with a shimmery white ink pad. The panels are layered on a black patterned paper with white stars. Instead of a cardstock strip, I used a grosgrain ribbon strip for the sentiment. It's stamped in white ink directly on the black ribbon and accented with a trio of star brads.

If you play along with this week's sketch, be sure to use the keyword sk100210 when you upload your card to the PCP gallery so it can be added to the album with the rest of the creations based on the sketch. And, don't forget to stop by the Starving Artistamps blog. You still have a few more days to enter the blog candy giveaway that's going on right now. All the info's right here.

Materials Used:
DoodleFactory Ghoulies and Trick or Treat sentiment sets (Starving Artistamps); Memento Tuxedo Black and Brilliance Moonlight White inks (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Fresh Snow ink, Soft Stone cardstock, Halloween Prints paper, True Black grosgrain ribbon (Papertrey Ink); Spider Web embossing folder (Cuttlebug); star brads (Making Memories); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips