Saturday, October 2, 2010

Smiles for WCMD

Happy World Card Making Day! I hope to do some card making today in honor of the day. After our usual long Saturday morning walk through the neighborhood and the local shopping center, Chloe the cutie puppy and I will be hanging out at home most of the day, watching college football (go Badgers!) and waiting for Verizon to install my new FIOS internet and phone service. I’ve had some pretty bad experiences in the past with both Verizon service and service calls, so I’m a little nervous that this is going to be a disaster. Hopefully all will go smoothly and I’ll be back up and running by early evening and be able to post another project tonight . . .

I thought that today I’d share a card that makes me happy. It was originally created for a Paper Crafts magazine call, but didn’t get selected for publication, so I get to show it off here instead. I used the hot air balloon image from the Across the Miles set from Clear and Simple Stamps in a fun acetate card.

The balloon is colored with Copic markers and carefully cut out. I attached it to the front of the acetate panel along with several layered rows of green offset scalloped paper “grass.”

The inside features a felt sun and cloud. I also stamped the “sending smiles” sentiment on the inside panel. A bright yellow ribbon around the bottom of the card completes the sunny scene.

Materials Used:
Across the Miles stamp set, Trendsetter Blue, Kraft Like a Rockstar Green, and A Blanc Check cardstock, Kraft Like a Rockstar Green and Perfect Little Black Dress ink (Clear and Simple Stamps); markers (Copic); sun die (My Favorite Things); cloud and medium scallop dies, button, Harvest Gold satin (Papertrey Ink); acetate; felt

4 comments:

  1. love how you made the rolling hills with the scallop border! Fabulous card, Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the scene created with that scallop border punch, the clouds, sun-gorgeous job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card! I like how you did the tree tops and the sun and clouds... all of it is great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so sweet, lori! love the scalloped hills:)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips