Sunday, October 17, 2010

Take It Easy

Here’s my card for this week’s The Cat’s Pajamas Tuesday challenge. This week’s challenge was an inspiration challenge featuring a photo of a pink and white striped mug. I took my cue from the colors and stripes to create this fun card using the Enjoy the Ride set.

I started by stamping the bunny on white cardstock and coloring the image with Copic markers. I carefully cut around the image (there are lots of little, thin, tiny sticking-out parts on this image!) and added some sparkly crystals to the big headlight and sideview mirrors, too. The simple setting for the image is made from a piece of patterned paper with torn strips of gray cardstock along the bottom to serve as a road. I attached two die cut felt clouds to the scene before adding the stamped image with foam tape.
To get the striped panels at the bottom of the card, I used different width scraps of two shades of pink cardstock. I ran adhesive across the card, then simply layered on the strips, trimming along the bottom of the cardfront once I had covered the length of the card. Once the strips were in place, I attached the scene to the card and added the sentiment on a ribbon pennant, anchored with a pink ribbon tied with some baker’s twine.

Materials Used:
Enjoy the Ride stamp set, pink Divine Twine (The Cat’s Pajamas); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Pink Pirouette, Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose, Very Vanilla, and Basic Gray cardstock, Regal Rose grosgrain ribbon (Stampin’ Up!); Belmont Circle designer paper (Hampton line-Scenic Route); cloud die, Raspberry Fizz button (Papertrey Ink); self-adhesive rhinestones (Studio 18); felt; foam tape

3 comments:

 
Blogging tips