Saturday, October 16, 2010

Batty for You

Today is Sweetest Day and in honor of this celebration, I have a sweet card made with a spooky stamp set. I turned images and sentiments from the Beware set from Clear and Simple Stamps into something completely different on this clean and simple card.

I started by cutting a large heart from a piece of red felt. The heart is machine stitched (not the greatest stitching, but it works . . .) in place on a white panel, over a piece of black twill. The twill and felt elements add a lot of textu re to this otherwise pretty simple card.


I stamped the set's large bat image on a scrap of white cardstock and carefully cut it out. I added some foam tape to the back of the bat and set it on the card with one of the wings overlapping the heart.


The set's "batty for you" sentiment is stamped in red underneath the bat image. I love when you can find a way to use an "occasion" stamp set for more than just what it's intended for! Beware is this month's Stamp of the Month and through October 31, you can use the code CSS1010 to get $1 off your purchase of the set.

For more CSS inspiration, be sure to stop by the CSS iPhone app. One of my projects is featured on the app today. I have a teeny, tiny sneak peek to share with you. You can get all the details on the app right here. The app was recently upgraded to include some new features that make the app an even better resource for you. It's pretty much my first stop on my iPhone each and every morning!

Materials Used:
Beware stamp set, Perfect Little Black Dress ink, A Blanc Check cardstock (Clear and Simple Stamps); Real Red Classic ink, Real Red and Basic Black cardstock (Stampin' Up!); black twill (Martha Stewart); heart die (Spellbinders); felt; sewing machine; foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips