Monday, November 15, 2010

Chill Out

I pulled out an image from the DoodleFactory Arctic collection from Starving Artistamps for this fun, wintery card. I used Jen's Sketch for You to Try for as the basis for the card.

I colored Dodge (the skier) with Copic markers then carefully cut the colored image out. I added a little white flock on his hat and cuffs for a fun touch. Then, I dropped the not yet cleaned, still somewhat inked stamp on my colored image and had to start over from square one . . . So, what you see here is the second version of the colored image. Once I had version #2 colored, cut out, and flocked, I added it to a snowy scene made from an aqua panel with shimmery white torn strips of "snow" along the bottom.

I used colors to coordinate with the blue-greens in the wintery We R Memory Keepers papers I used for the panels on the cardfront. I managed to cut them to just the right sizes on the first try—glad something worked well on the first try for this card! After arranging the patterned paper panels on the aqua card base, I added a felt sun with a button, then layered on the image panel. It probably would have been more appropriate to add a snowflake instead of a sun, but I liked the pop of color from the sun, so I ran with it. I stamped the coordinating “chill out” sentiment so it fit nicely on two of the patterned panels to complete the design.

Materials Used:
DoodleFactory Arctic stamp set (Starving Artistamps); white cardstock (Couture Cardstock); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Aqua Mist and Hawaiian Shores cardstock, Harvest Gold felt, Harvest Gold button (Papertrey Ink); Shimmery White cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); Merry January designer papers (We R Memory Keepers); Die-Namics sun die (My Favorite Things); white flock (Stampendous); baker’s twine (The Twinery); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips