Monday, November 15, 2010

Snow Happy

This week’s SCS clean and simple challenge is a sketch based on one of my card designs. You can see the original version of the card here. I went for a more seasonal version for this week’s challenge.

I stamped a silver snowflake from Papertrey Ink’s Snowfall set on a piece of shimmery white cardstock for my focal image. Instead of leaving it on a round panel, I punched it out with a large punch. I’d forgotten how hard it was to use that big punch—I had to stand up and put a lot of pressure on it to get a good cut. Once I’d finished that, I stuck a big, sparkly crystal to the center of the flake and set it aside.

To add interest to the simple design, I embossed a shimmery silver panel with a snowflake pattern. The panel is set on a dark blue card base. I stamped the “snow happy” sentiment in black on a light blue ribbon strip. I cut a notch in the end of the ribbon and added a button with a silver bow to the end as a fun accent before attaching it to the card. The snowflake is attached with a foam dot, covering the “plain” end of the ribbon.

Materials Used:
Snowfall and Rustic Snowflakes stamp sets, Enchanted Evening, Shimmery White, and Silver cardstock, Spring Rain grosgrain ribbon, Blueberry Sky button (Papertrey Ink); silver ink (Encore); Perfect Little Black Dress ink (Clear and Simple Stamps); large snowflake punch (Marvy Uchida); silver cord (Stampin’ Up!); snowflake embossing folder (Sizzix); clear crystal (Studio 18); foam tape

1 comment:

  1. Brrr...great snowy card! Love the embossing on the silver paper! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips