Monday, January 17, 2011

Bee My Valentine

Here's my card for today's SCS clean and simple challenge. Based on Cindy's great sketch, this bright Valentine's Day card came together in just about 15 minutes.

I stamped the Beezley the bee image from the DoodleFactory Valentine Remix set from Starving Artistamps on a scrap of white cardstock and colored the image with Copic markers. After I cut out the image, I added some Dazzling Diamonds to the bee's wings for a little sparkle.

I set the image aside while I set up the little scene panel. I stamped the "bee my valentine" sentiment along the bottom of the light blue panel in bold red ink. I added a die cut white felt cloud, extending just a bit off the edge of the panel. The bee is attached to the panel with foam tape. The completed scene is attached to a Daffodil Delight card base--matches the bee's color perfectly! I knotted a red grosgrain ribbon strip around the top of the card and cut notches in the end to complete the card. Too sweet!

Materials Used:
DoodleFactory Valentine Remix and Valentines Sentiments sets (Starving Artistamps); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Real Red Classic ink, Daffodil Delight and Soft Sky cardstock, Dazzling Diamonds (Stampin' Up!); red grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); cloud die (Papertrey Ink); foam tape; white felt

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips