Monday, January 24, 2011

Birthday Balloons

Here's my card for this month's final Viva la Verve sketch. I went for a fun and bright birthday card using images from Verve's Birthday Bash set and some new K & Company designer paper.

I picked a bold, bright striped pattern from the paper pad and built my card around that. The balloon image is stamped on a light blue panel. I stamped the balloons again on cardstock scraps and used those images to paper piece the balloons, attaching the cutout pieces with foam tape. The birthday sentiment is stamped next to the balloons in pink ink. I layered the image panel on a pink scallop edged panel and dotted each scallop with Liquid Pearls--had to fit them in since Sankari designed the sketch! I set the image panel on a green panel embossed with dots.

I machine-stitched the patterned paper to the cardfront, then assembled all the pieces. The image panel is matted on a pink panel and attached directly to the patterned paper. I used a solid pink strip across the cardfront, just underneath the image panel. It's edged along the bottom with a light blue scalloped strip. A matching light blue ribbon is tied around the panel. No room for the trio of embellishments under the scallops, so I just left them off. With all that's going on in the design, I don't think they're missed.

Materials Used:
Birthday Bash stamp set (Verve Stamps); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); Melon Mambo Classic ink, Melon Mambo, Pear Pizzazz, and Bashful Blue cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Sweet Nectar designer paper (K & Company); circle and scallop circle dies (Spellbinders); Swiss Dots embossing folder (Cuttlebug); medium scallop edge die (Papertrey Ink); Baby Blue Liquid Pearls (Ranger); sewing machine; foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips