Monday, January 24, 2011

Flourished Baby Bee

I am not a flourish-y stamper—it’s just not my thing. So, today’s SCS clean and simple challenge was really a challenge for me. I don’t have a wide range (or almost any) flourish stamps in my collection, so it took me a while to come up with something to use. In the end, I turned to Papertrey Ink’s Baby Button Bits and its cute little bee image for my design.

I stamped the bee image in black ink, omitting the flourish-shaped trail behind it. The wings are shaded a little with a marker, then covered with some glitter for a soft sparkle. I added a yellow button, tied with baker’s twine, for the bee’s body, then added a sparkly crystal flourish in place of the stamped one. Since this was for the clean and simple challenge, I kept the layout super simple, adding just a strip of dotted patterned paper on the yellow card base and a notch-edged panel for the sentiment.

Materials Used:
Baby Button Bits stamp set, Lemon Tart and Kraft cardstock, Happy Spots patterned paper, Lemon Tart button (Papertrey Ink); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Dazzling Diamonds (Stampin' Up!); crystal flourish (Colorbok); twine (The Twinery)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips