Sunday, January 23, 2011

To the Moon and Back

Here's my card for today's SCS featured stamper challenge. I loved Emily's robot cards, so I remade this one using Dot from the DoodleFactory Final Frontier set from Starving Artistamps.

I went with a red, black and gray color scheme for the card. Dot is colored with cool gray Copic markers with just a little red. I cut her out, then coated her with a little shimmer spray for a metallic sparkle.

I used a heart patterned paper from BoBunny's Crush line for the panel on the cardfront. It's layered on a black mat, then set on a gray panel. I corner rounded the panel's edges, then machine stitched around the edges. I got better at going around the curves by the second curved corner--LOL! The stitched panel is set on a Poppy Parade card base.

Once the gray panel was in place, I attached Dot with foam tape. I debated for a while about adding the moon behind her and (as you can see) in the end I decided to put it in. I used a circle punch to make the crescent shape, then ran it through my Big Shot with a dotted embossing folder for a bumpy look. The matching sentiment is set at the bottom edge of the patterned paper panel. I accented it with a button tied with some black baker's twine.

Materials Used:
DoodleFactory Final Frontier and Urban Sentiments #2 sets (Starving Artistamps); Tuxedo Black ink, Frost Shimmer Spritz (Tsukineko); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); markers (Copic); Poppy Parade, Basic Black, Basic Gray, and Crushed Curry cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Crush 6 x 6 paper pad (BoBunny); circle punches (EK Success); Polka Dots embossing folder (QuicKutz); button (Papertrey Ink); black baker's twine (Divine Twine); sewing machine; corner rounder; foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips