Sunday, February 6, 2011

Cutie Patootie

Here's my card for today's SCS featured stamper challenge. I picked this baby card to recreate using images from the DoodleFactory Oh Baby! set from Starving Artistamps.

I used the sitting baby Izzy image for my card. Izzy's in a similar position as the image on the inspiration card, so I thought she'd be a good fit. I colored her with Copic markers and cut her out, then attached her to a white circle with foam tape. Once I had her in place, I added three pink brads along the left side of the panel, opposite of the side the brads were on in the original design, but a better fit here. I slipped a dotted paper strip underneath the imag panel before layering it on an aqua circle that was large enough to leave a nice, solid border around the image panel. The "cutie patootie" sentiment was stamped on a white strip and attached to the image panel so it extends beyond its edge.

I used a pastel plaid paper to cover most of the cardfront. It seemed like a good, gender-neutral choice for a baby card. I machine stitched around it, even though the original card didn't have stitching. I just exchanged my new sewing machine, so I wanted to try it out and make sure all the stitches work, so I gave it a spin on the card (and, yes, the stitches all work). I ran a strip of green twill across the card, then layered on a piece of pink felt ric rac before attaching the panel to an aqua card base. Once all of that was in place, I added the Izzy image panel to complete the card.

Now that I've watched the Capitals beat the Penguins (and the Wisconsin Badgers defeat the Michigan State Spartans, too--I'm a big multi-tasker!), I'm off to take Chloe the cutie puppy for a walk in her new coat. She got a haircut this week and it ended up being a pretty close crop, so I got her a girly pink coat to keep her warm. We'll see how that works out for us . . . Then it's back home to watch the Super Bowl. After living in Wisconsin for five years during college, there's no way I couldn't back the Packers in today's game. Go Pack!

Materials Used:
DoodleFactory Oh Baby! and Sentiments Baby sets (Starving Artistamps); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic); Aqua Mist cardstock, Bitty Dot Basics patterned paper (Papertrey Ink); Sweet Pea mat stack (The Paper Studio); circle dies (Spellbinders); olive twill (Stampin' Up!); pink brads (Making Memories); pink felt ric rac (Joann); foam tape; sewing machine

1 comment:

  1. The card is really cute! I like the colors and also the image is so adorable.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips