Monday, February 7, 2011

House Trio

Here's my card for this week's Hip Hop sketch challenge. I didn't stick exactly to the sketch, as I added an extra element and shifted the sentiment over a bit, but the sketch was what got this card started, I promise!

I used a trio of houses from Unity's Honey, I'm Home kit for the trio of images along the bottom of the card. Instead of coloring them, I paper pieced the images using scraps of Fine and Dandy True Blue patterned paper. The cute patterned houses are attached to the cardfront with dimensional dots.

I used the kit's scalloped strip image as grass, stamping it beneath the houses, and added a green button, tied with a little twine, to its end. The button doesn't match the sketch, but it seemed like the grass needed something to anchor it, so I went with it. The kit's sentiment is stamped above one of the houses in black ink. Again, it's not exactly where the sketch had the sentiment positioned, but I think it's close enough to count.

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papers: Unity Stamp Co. Honey, I'm Home kit, Memento Tuxedo Black ink, My Mind's Eye Fine and Dandy True Blue 6 x 6 pad, Zva Creative dimensional dots, Creative Impressions natural twine

other: Old Olive Classic ink, Sahara Sand cardstock (Stampin' Up!); button (Papertrey Ink)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips