Sunday, March 20, 2011

Best of Luck

Here’s my card for this week’s My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club sketch. It features the sweet Pure Innocence 4 Leaf Clover cutie. Yes, it’s a few days late for St. Patrick’s Day, but if it counts, I did put the elements of the card together on the 17th.

I stamped the little girl on a white panel and colored her with Copic markers. The little heart in her hair is covered with some matching Stickles for some sparkle and shine.

I pulled together some leftover patterned paper bits and pieces from this card, for the card’s panels. The green paper had a shamrock-like pattern on it, so I thought it would be a good fit. It wasn’t quite long enough for the card, so I did a little strategic cutting and placing to make it look longer. The brown and white dotted paper strips that run across the card hide all of that!

Once all the strips and panels were arranged, I attached the colored image to a kraft panel. I added the set’s “best of luck” sentiment on a scrap of white, matted on a green strip. A pair of green rhinestones fills in the empty space on the kraft panel. I guess I'll hold on to this one until sometime next year . . .

Materials Used:
Pure Innocence 4-Leaf Clover stamp set (My Favorite Things); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Green Apple cardstock (Gina K Designs); Kraft cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Dutch Mustard 6 x 6 paper pad (Jillibean Soup); scallop edge punch (Stampin’ Up!); green crystals (Darice); Lime Green Stickles (Ranger)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips