Sunday, March 20, 2011

Cheer Up

Here's my card for today's SCS featured stamper challenge. It's loosely inspired by this one. I loved the fun rain boots and it gave me a good excuse to play with the similar boots in the Spring Extras stamp set from Clear and Simple Stamps. I've seen boots similar to these at Target and Kohl's and each time I've managed to resist purchasing them. I don't think they'd go too well with my work clothes and I don't think the dogs at the dog park would truly appreciate their cuteness even though it would be appropriate to wear them when I spend time there with Chloe the cutie puppy.

I wanted to make the boots on my card extra shiny, so I stamped the outline image first on a checked patterned paper, then stamped the solid image over that using Versamark. After coating the image with clear embossing powder, I heat embossed it, then cut it out. Love how this turned out! For more sparkle and shine, I put some Stardust Stickles along the top of each boot.

The boots are attached to a white card base. I used the same border punch as in the original card to create a strip for across the card to ground the images. A strip of matching satin ribbon, dressed up with a pair of layered buttons, runs along the top of the punched strip. The set's "cheer up" sentiment is stamped on a matching blue panel. I attached it to the top of the card and added a pretty bow as one last girly touch.

Materials Used:
Spring Extras stamp set, Perfect Little Black Dress ink, Trendsettter Blue and A Blanc Check cardstock, Trendsetter Blue satin ribbon, Trendsetter Blue and Paint the Town Pink buttons (Clear and Simple Stamps); Flower Shower Spring Matstack (DCWV); Versamark ink (Tsukineko); clear embossing powder (Stampin' Up!); Stardust Stickles (Ranger); Apron Lace border punch (Fiskars); linen thread (The Cat's Pajamas); Bow Easy

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips