Saturday, March 19, 2011

Somebunny Special

I'm so glad it's spring so I can pull out some of my favorite bunny images! I used one from the DoodleFactory Easter set from Starving Artistamps for this week's Paper Craft Planet sketch challenge, designed by Kim.

I stamped the Freckles bunny on white cardstock and colored the image with Copic markers. After cutting it out, I added some white flock for a fluffy, puffy tail. The bunny's set on a blue panel with a border punched grass strip along the bottom.

I went for a super spring-y look using bright papers from Echo Park's Sweet Summertime line. I picked a somewhat busy floral for the card base and a green gingham for the strip across the cardfront. The sentiment is stamped directly on the gingham panel. I edged the panel with a strip of yellow along the top and a dotted yellow ribbon with a matching bow along the bottom. The assembled panel is set on a yellow cardfront for a sunny finish.

If you play along with this week's sketch, be sure to add your card to the Linky Tools widget found here so everyone can check it out. I'm off to get ready to cheer on the Wisconsin Badgers in the NCAA basketball tournament. Go Red!

Materials Used:
DoodleFactory Easter and All About Easter stamp sets (Starving Artistamps); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic); Soft Sky, Kiwi Kiss, and Crushed Curry cardstock, Crushed Curry dotted grosgrain ribbon (Stampin' Up!); Hawaiian Shores cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Sweet Summertime designer papers (Echo Park); grass border punch (Martha Stewart); white flock (Stampendous); Bow Easy; foam tape

2 comments:

  1. Lori, this is darling! I love your pattern paper and how you popped your bunny. Love it! Thanks for playing along with me.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips