Friday, April 1, 2011

Blogger Challenge: Week 197

This week’s blogger challenge is a theme challenge to use birds on your project. I recently ordered some sets from Market Street Stamps and this fun Cheep Talk set was in my order, so I thought I’d put it to use for the challenge.

I stamped the birds on the branch image in brown ink on white cardstock. The images are colored with Copic markers. The white background looked too stark, so I used a sponge and a cloud template to add a pale blue sky around the colored images

I used Papertrey Ink’s Woodgrain impression plate to create a textured background to show off the image. I covered the plate with cream ink before running it through my Big Shot to really highlight the impressed parts. I matted the image on red cardstock before layering it on the card front.

A strip of dark brown twill runs along the left edge of the panel. It’s positioned to help keep the branch from looking like it’s floating in mid-air. I placed a red button, tied with some red baker's twine, at the bottom to add interest. For the sentiment, I stamped one of the set’s speech bubble images, then stamped a fun sentiment inside it. I love the somewhat stunned expression on the face of one of the bird images, so I went with that for the sentiment. After cutting out the speech bubble I attached it to the card with foam tape.

For more bird themed ideas, check out the links below. And, if you join in the challenge, feel free to add your link to the list.


Materials Used: Cheep Talk stamp set (Market Street Stamps); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Rich Cocoa ink (Tsukineko); Soft Sky Classic ink, Real Red and Crumb Cake cardstock, scallop edge punch (Stampin’ Up!); Vintage Cream ink, Woodgrain impression plate (Papertrey Ink); brown twill (Martha Stewart); red baker's twine (Divine Twine); button (Michaels)

18 comments:

  1. Cute bird images. Love the look on the face of the one. They look great against the tree bark background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh this is CUTE and fun! Thanks for the smile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun card - love the sentiment! Beautiful coloring, the addition of the sponged clouds is a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very Charming card. Adorable image (beautifully colored) and the sentiment is so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These birds are too stinking cute! The background makes them seem like they are popping right off the papers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great choice of background and images! Super tweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lori this card is absolutely adorable! The color scheme is great and the woodgrain is the perfect touch! I featured your card just now on our Facebook page! Thanks for using Market Street Stamps!! :) Angelica
    http://www.facebook.com/marketstreetstamps

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw this on facebook! Soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE IT, Lori! Beautiful birdies! Thanks for sharing your card using Market Street Stamps!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such cute birds! Love the background and twill!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These birds are adorable. Love them. Also love that woodgrain background.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute Lori! Love the woodgrain background! Wonderfully done! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute, cute, cute! Love that saying. You put this all together perfectly! Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So cute and fun! Wonderful colors and design!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These birds are darling and I love how you colored them -- fabulous background in the woodgrain. A really fun card!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips