Friday, June 3, 2011

Let's Hang Out

Our Craft Lounge is releasing 4 brand new stamp sets this week. Today, the design team is having a blog hop to show off the new sets. You should have arrived here from Lori McAree's blog--if not and you want to start from the top, head over to the OCL blog. Be sure to leave a comment as you hop along since four lucky commenters will be selected to win some of the new sets! Winners will be chosen from among the comments left on all participating blogs and will be announced on Monday, June 6.

Here's a look at one of the brand new sets, Monkey Around. Isn't it a cute one?

My card uses this new set and is also made for this week’s OCL challenge to CASE another OCL creation. I picked this adorable baby card created by Tammie. It was a perfect way to show off one of the set’s monkeys dangling from the tree branch!

I colored the monkey and branch images with Copic markers and cut it them out. I stamped the monkey image a second time and colored just the head, cut it out, and attached it to the image with foam tape. After hanging the monkey’s tail from the tree branch, I used more foam tape to set the images on a dot embossed blue circle. I added a pair of die cut clouds, covered with some Sugar Sparkly Fluff. Love how this looks—I’ll definitely be doing that again!

I layered the image panel on a pink scalloped circle, then set it on a dot embossed kraft panel. I stamped the “let’s hang out” sentiment on white paper and cut out each word, then arranged it on the cardfront.

Now, hop on over to Pam Hooten for more OCL inspiration.

Materials Used:
Monkey Around stamp set, Sugar Sparkly Fluff (Our Craft Lounge); white cardstock (Taylored Expressions); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko); markers (Copic—R000, R20, R81, R82, R85, YG01, YG03, YG05, YG13, YG25, E25, E27, E35); Bashful Blue, Blushing Bride, and Crumb Cake cardstock (Stampin’ Up!); circle and scalloped circle dies (Spellbinders); cloud die (Papertrey Ink); Polka Dot embossing folder (Sizzix); Polka Dots embossing folder (QuicKutz) foam tape

26 comments:

  1. Lori, this is so adorable. Your little clouds are cute. I don't know what Sugar Sparkly Fluff is, but it looks cool. I love how you cute the words out and arranged them. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cutie! Love the texture and those sugary clouds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE that little pink monkey, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Lori, I was thinking how cute this would be as a baby card and realized...it looked a little familiar. LOL! Love how you layered the pink monkey. I'm definitely going to do that next time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh so cute!! I love the monkey in pink!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Unity post doesn't have a COMMENT button. But you showed a CUTE card, and even cuter dog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so adorable! I love the textures and how you hung that cute monkey in the tree. You are so inspiring and creative.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card...always looking for cool ideas and this fills the bill. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Serious cuteness here. A-DORABLE!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh how cute! I like the sparkly fluff on the clouds.
    slrdowney at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Makes me want to find my old barrel of monkeys and get playing. Very cute set.

    ReplyDelete
  12. SO cute. I LOVE monkeys!! So this is right up my alley...

    ReplyDelete
  13. The monkey card is tooooooo adorable!! I love how you used the blue background, the pink flowery shape, the brown dots....

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lori, I just love the monkey hanging from the tree. It's so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your card is darling! Love your layering, coloring, ect. This set is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just like Barrel of Monkeys, your card is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMGosh! I LOVE the pink monkey ... she is sooo cute! Thanks for sharing 8^)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Soooo Cute!!!
    Puppy Hugs,
    Wendy aka Roo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such great colors and adorable card!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! Love the 3D monkey hanging from the tree! So great!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is extremely cute and I love occasional cards like this... cards shouldn't always be for birthdays and stuff, but also just to say hi!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips